1919: foundation of Elbe with 5 employees
production of turned and milled parts on a paid labor basis began
1924: steering for trucks and automobiles
1935: ball joint and cardan shafts for the off highway industry and mechanical engineering
1950: production of cardan shafts and small double joint shafts for tractor steering axles
1969: Hans Elbe introduced pension schemes for his employees
1973: foundation of ELSO Elbe GmbH & Co. KG
1976: the ball joint and socket joint production as well as the hardening plant moved from Bietigheim to Hofheim
1990: new building ELSO Hofheim/Ufr.
1993: acquisition of DBM and DBM Sud in Italy
1994: foundation of Elbe Italia and Elbe USA
1999: foundation of ELSO Hungaria in Eger
2000: foundation of Elbe Holding
2004: establishment of Elbe Service
2006: full acquisition of Zodel Hungaria and merger with Elso Hungaria BT
2007: equity participation in EK Cardan in Brazil.
Extension of the production area of Elbe in Bietigheim-Bissingen by 5.000 m2.
Extension of the program: new product – rigid shaft.
Aims and objectives of Elbe Group
- challenging approach to transmission solutions
- delivery of small and large quantities
- global presence